Founded in 1988 and based in Nairobi, the firm offers a full range of corporate and commercial legal services in Kenya and East Africa. Walker Kontos and its advocates are consistently ranked amongst the leaders in their fields by international publications Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Walker Kontos has grown to comprise 9 partners and 11 associates. We pride ourselves in identifying and nurturing home-grown talent with impressive local and international qualifications in law and finance. The firm strives to be a one-stop-shop for its clients, with client-care and client satisfaction being our primary objective. The firm's clients represent a broad spectrum of industries at home and abroad and include some of the more recognised blue-chip brands.
The growth in importance of Kenya as both a hub and an investment destination has seen the firm extend its services to transactions in East, Central and West Africa, particularly in the fields of M&A in regulated sectors. While independent and with offices only in Nairobi, Walker Kontos maintains strong professional ties with like-minded practices in Africa, the UK and the USA that allow us to give a range and quality of services expected of the top legal brands. Walker Kontos has acted in milestone and some of the largest M&A and corporate finance transactions in East Africa. In addition, the firm has a solid reputation in civil litigation, particularly in the fields of banking, finance and administrative law.
The firm has entered into a strategic alliance with global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright. Click here for more information.
The firm operates from its own premises in the Upper Hill area of Nairobi, with easy access to the CBD and the wider business hubs of the City.
News & Publications
- Strategic Alliance – Walker Kontos & Norton Rose Fulbright
- Country Data
- Legal & Tax FAQs - June 2016
- Legal Update - Transfers CGT and Stamp Duty - 31st January 2017
- Judgment Declares Titles Issued by the Lands Ministry Illegal - 17th January 2017
- Foreign Investments – Sector Specific Local Ownership Requirements - 30th June 2016
- Land Control Act - Boards Reconstituted (II) - 15th August 2016
- Land Control Act - Boards Reconstituted - 29th July 2016
- New Dawn for Business in Africa as COMESA Merger Regime Monetary Thresholds Established and Filing Fees Lowered - April 2015
- Investor Briefing - Part 2 The Growth of M&A Regulation - January 2015
- Bankers Beware - Consumer Protection in Kenya - August 2014
- Regulatory and Ownership Restrictions in Kenya - May 2014